We invite researchers and practitioners working in the field of social and pubic spheres to submit their application (CV and short Cover Letter) for Data 4 Impact workshop organized by Natural Resource Governance Institute Eurasia Program.
“Data for Impact” workshop will consist of full equipped 3 days of data journey for young professionals of Azerbaijan, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia and Tajikistan from CSOs, public, government and private sectors. The purpose of workshop is exploring the opportunities and equipping participants with hands-on skills in the field of data analysis and communication. Though big data is being made available for public use, but data sets can be difficult to understand, interpret and communicate. Knowing the tools and techniques to present illustrated data in your work with more functionality and visual form are important for conveying ideas effectively.
Unlike traditional workshop, Data 4 Impact will deliver series of hands-on skill based workshops that will focus on analyzing and communicating complex information with visually appealing charts, graphs and maps and informal talks on possibilities of data for impact. Participants will learn to analyses data sets and to create beautiful and meaningful visualizing using publicly available data, and tell the interactive stories.
- increased understanding of concepts, trends of Data4Impact in represented countries
- acquired good knowledge on data analysis, and learning tools and methods for data communication
- identification regional issues and approaches on Data4Impact
- identification of potential sources of collaboration for supporting follow-up activities/understanding the menu of available support
- identify the most persuasive statistics to secure a quality data
- analyze and present data to spur the audience to act
- learn to employ good graphic design techniques with data visualizations
- learn the importance of and how to clean and process data for visualizations.
- stimulate stories by including compelling data in external communications and social media
- build advocacy strategy with data-rich communications
Who should apply:
- age of applicants should be between 21-35;
- entry and mid-career professionals with at least 3 years of previous experience in public, civil society organizations, grassroots initiatives; policymakers involved in government; business sector ; researchers (social sciences).
- have a strong command of English;
- have introductory and middle-level skills in data analysis, visualization and communication; some work experience with quantitative datasets (but not only numbers!);
- be available and commit to participate in the programme;
- be citizen in one of the involved countries: Azerbaijan, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia and Tajikistan.
- CV in English (education, current activities, data related experience etc.) (2 pages max)
- Cover letter explaining your interest in participating in this workshop (max. 350 words)
The letter should describe the direction that you would like to be involved during the team works and project presentation (natural resources; city; social media; economic and social development)
Send by 25 January 2018 to the email@example.com email.